Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Well hello again...

Sorry, I have not been blogging. Our laptop cord had trashed accidently by my daughter, so I had to get another one. I have been trying to work on my running and be more on top of it. I got in 16 miles last week (2 6 mile days too). I was too lazy to get up this morning and run solo after Rich was not able to run. My plan was to get 16-20 miles this week for 2 consistent weeks. I can still do that, but I have to get my arse in gear. I was going to run tonight when I got home from work, but another late medical examiner case kept me at work late. My wife is at the gym now, but I will probably forego my Monday run for sleep. Rich and I have 3 miles planned for in the morning. I would really like to get 4 or 6 on Thursday. Then hit 6 miles again on Saturday. Then maybe 2 or 3 on Sunday morning. I did pick up some new cycling shoes. The ones that came with the bike were about a size and a half to small. I also got a helmet, so I feel better about leaving the neighborhood now. I am going to try and get in 20-30 miles on the bike this week too. Would love to get up to 35-40 miles a week running and 75-100 miles a week cycling.

I am checking out a duathalon in Tellahoma (or however you spell it) in August. It is a 2.6 mile run followed by a 10.2 mile ride. Then you run 2.6 miles for the final stage. Does not sound to bad. I think it would be a blast to try out. I did 3 miles the other day running and then hopped on the bike and rode 7 miles. I am thinking about trying the distances one Saturday to see how it feels before I sign up.

I have decided to run 2 1/2 marathons in October and maybe the Las Vegas 1/2 marathon in December. I figure if I can stay healthy all fall and early winter running, then I can shoot for a Spring marathon in 2010. I don't know about the Country Music Marathon though. It is local, but the weather is a BIG factor.

Well, I am off of here to watch some of the Tour de France stage from today before going to bed.

Happy Running to everyone on Wednesday....

No comments: