Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome 2010

I finally got off my lazy butt and decided to update my blog. I have not blogged since September, so I figured if I was going to run, then I would blog about it. Maybe this will help me stay dedicated!!!! I have not ran since late November. It got cold here in Portland, and when it was not cold, it was raining. So, I wussed out and didn't run any. Then the Christmas craziness began, and I lost track of running all together. One thing I didn't forget was how to eat. I continued to eat like I was running 4 times a week. So, I have not ran for about 6 weeks until today. I stepped on my mom's scales at her house the day after Christmas and they read 202. WHAT? I stepped off them and stepped back on....202. CRAP!!! I had gained 17 lbs in 5 weeks. I was not a happy camper! I knew I had gained some weight back, maybe 10 lbs, but 17????? So I decided I had to get back on track with the running. I did weight in my shoes, clothes, and a full stomach (we had just had Christmas dinner). I usually weight in just my underwear and come in at 183-185. So I figure I probably have gained 10-12 lbs actually, but the 17 lbs is what I am making myself believe. I started 2009 at 199 and had gotten down to 177. Now I was ending the year 3 pounds heavier than I started it. This pissed me off. SO, I will promise to make a better effort to get my lazy but out in the cold, wet weather (hopefully good weather) and run more. I plan on running the Tom King 1/2 marathon again this year and then the Country Music 1/2 marathon. Then some 5k through the summer and hopefully hit a fall or early winter marathon.

Oh yeah, I finally did run today. 3 miles at 28:51 (i think). It was like a 9:35-9:40 pace. That is about a minute and 10 seconds slower than my easy 3-4 mile run pace 6 weeks ago. I hope to do a few more 3 or 4 miles and then try my first 6 miler. If all goes well with that, I will start adding a mile or 2 a week to get to 13.1 for the Tom King. My plan is to shot for 175-180 lbs and a sub 2 hr 1/2 marathon for the Country Music 1/2 Marathon.

WE WILL SEE!!!! Anyone reading this please help keep me motivated!!!!

4 comments:

Thomas said...

Welcome back. I meant to ask if you were on "vacation" from running. I just began week 5 of 20 training for the CMM. I'm getting in good mileage but hope to start picking up the pace. May update my blog tomorrow, but have kept Running Ahead Log current. Stay after it!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I have missed your updates. I have managed to train throught he record cold we are having in Florida and look forward to CMM 1/2. Don't be discouraged you can take the pounds off as fast as you put them on. Hit the trails and and be ready for spring it will be here before you know it!

Brian said...

Good luck! Don't make it a New Years Resolution - commit to it. I find that running the Disney half marathon in January keeps me from slacking over the holidays. Food for thought :).

KLH said...

Hmmm New blog and I missed it...I wish there was some type of update that would let me know when one is written.