Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Well Hello there.....Nice to see you again!!!

Hi!  My name is Jay, and I have a problem.  I have become fat and lazy and have not ran since June of 2011.  Since then, I have been through a divorce and just plain ole gave up running.  Well, that is about to change.  My daughter is 9 years old now and my son is about to turn 13 (Sept.).  He wants to play High School baseball and then play for Kentucky.  We had a long talk about committing to that goal and doing what it takes to get there.  The next day, he was in the gym lifting weights and he started running to help drop some weight.  He ran 6 miles (1 to 1.5 miles at a time) the 1st week.  I told him I would start running with him.....so yesterday we did.  I did my 1st mile in over a year yesterday evening.  The 1st 1/2 mile was not that bad.  My daughter also ran with me.  Noah ran about 0.25 miles and then started making excuses why he could not run cause his friends came out to play ball with him.  I finished my mile, but the last 1/2 was not very fun.  I am planning on doing 4 or 5 more 1 mile runs this week and then doing 2 miles next week.  I went from running 6 miles in the mornings at 5am, to sweating my butt off and about dying to complete 1 mile!!!!  I WILL GET BACK IN SHAPE THOUGH!!!  Gotta keep motivated and keep my kids going too.  My daughter needs to run to help strenghten her leg that she broke 2 years ago.  She still limps when she runs and this has slowed her down a ton running the bases.  It is also affecting her ability to get to the harder hit ground balls in the gaps.   We are all going to stay at this and get better.   I'm hoping to blog about it to help stay motivated.  There are still a ton of 5ks and 10ks around to run too once I get to that point.   So sit back, relax, and cheer us on as we try to get the running fire stoked up again.

No comments: