Tuesday, July 29, 2008

1st day of new training...or make that night!

I was all set last night to start the new 16 week "Rookie" marathon training program I got off Runner's World.com. I set the alarm clock for 5:30am and was in bed by 10Pm. I didn't sleep all that well, but evidently at 5:30 this morning, I was sleeping hard. When the alarm went off, I rolled over and turned it off and went back to sleep. Jennifer woke me up at 6:15 to ask me if I was running or not. So my 1st training day started out crappy. I decided to run after we got back from VBS at church. So alittle after 9pm I was lacing up my running shoes and streching out getting ready for my 1st 4 miles of this week. Since it was dark, I planned on running inside my neighborhood just to stay in the safety of the street lights along our streets. Well, at 9 o'clock it was still 81 degrees and humid, so I didn't get much of a break. I still churned out 4 miles in alittle over 36 mins, so I was good with that. Now the blister on my left foot is growing though. I caked on the Body Glide, but it got bigger. I will have to keep an eye on it. My left knee was alittle sore and tender again after running. I sat in a cold bath afterwards for about 10 mins hoping that would help. I drank my usual post run Gatoraid and Endurance Fuel. Now it is off to bed to see if I can get up at 5:30 for 3 miles in the morning......


Running Log (1st day of new program)

4.06 miles in 36:29

No comments: