Monday, July 28, 2008

Well, I chickened out.....kinda

I woke up sometime early Saturday morning to the sound of rain, thunder, and lightening. Then the alarm clock when off at 0700hrs and I turned it off. I thought it was raining and storming, so I just went back to bed and didn't get up to run. I found out later from my wife, that it was not raining at 0700hrs. The sun was out and it was pretty. Oh well, atleast I slept well.

I did run on Sunday though. I dropped the kids off at church for VBS and decided to run the roads around my church. I drove home real quick and got my running gear and headed back. I left my church and ran down College St and through Lyon Crest Sub-division. I then when down Hwy 52 and crossed over to Hwy 31. I then came back down Hwy 52 to College St and ended up back at church. It was a 6.75 mile loop. I ended up walking for about 30 secs at 3.4 miles to try and get my left foot to quick hurting. Come to find out, I rubbed a HUGE blister on it while running. My left knee hurt the rest of the night too. It was hurting on the outside of my knee cap. It feels better this morning though.

The new training program for a marathon that I am going to try and start this week has me cross training today for 30 mins. I am going to rest today to make sure the knee is ok and let my blister rest. I am supposed to run 2-3 easy miles tomorrow. We will see how that goes...

Running log (Sunday 7/27)

6.75 miles long run in 1:02:55

No comments: