Thursday, July 24, 2008

My 1st blog entry

I have been checking out blogs over the past few months and thought it looked like something fun to try, so here it goes. I am happily married to my wife Jennifer for 12 1/2 years now. We have 2 kids. Noah is turning 9 in September and Gracie is 5. I work as a Captain at Sumner EMS. I have been there since 1995 and don't plan on going anywhere else. My family and I live a typical small town life. I enjoy time off, hanging out with family, playing my PS3, and driving my mustang. I ALSO LOVE THE KENTUCKY WILDCATS!!!



I was asked to attend an FBI SWAT school back at the beginning of April. We had to run 2 miles a day every day. I have been wanting to get in shape for sometime now, so after completing this class, I continued to run. I was running 2 miles at a time every 2 or 3 days when I first started. It was hard, but I stuck to it. I began to watch what I ate also. At the end of April, I had lost 13 pounds and 2 miles didn't seem that hard anymore. When my nephew graduated this year, he asked me if I wanted to run the Strawberry Stride with him this year. It was the next morning. I said what the heck and told him I would meet him there. Let me tell ya, 3 miles is different from 2 miles. I ran the 1st 2 miles without a problem, but I bet I walked 4 or 5 times during that last 1.1 miles. I finished though, and I loved it. I finished my 1st 5K in 28:50. I know, it is not a great time, but I was happy I finished. I got the running bug after that. I continued to run 3 miles at a time 2 to 3 times a week. I have finished 4 different 5Ks now with my personal record being 25:23 at the White House Parks Independence Day 5K this past July 4th. I plan on running atleast 1 race a month for the rest of the year. I am planning on running the 1/2 marathon in October in Nashville.

I hope to use this blog to log my training and find other runners that want to share stories and tips.

Please feel free to leave comments and tips....

No comments: