Saturday, September 27, 2008

Another Run in the books....

I started off the morning at 5:45 am. Big Blue Madness tickets went on sale on Ticketmaster.com at 6am. I had 4 tickets and was very excited. I picked my shipping method and hit the continue button. After that, things went south. It said it could not process my request and to redo it. By the time I got back in to redo it, the tickets were gone. I WAS PISSED. I called Mike later and he was not able to get any online either. A similiar thing happened to him, so we were both pissed.

I drove to the church to meet Rich and Mickey to run this morning at 6:30am. When I got there I powered up my Garmin so it would be ready to go. It instantly went to showing the battery was low and cut off. I didn't have it connected good overnight, so it didn't charge. I was beginning to wonder if anything would go right today.

Rich and Mickey got there and we got ready to run. They were doing 16 miles today. I wanted to do more, but I didn't want to push it. I had in my head to get 6 miles today. They decided to run a 6 mile loop, resupply with water, then run another 5 mile loop. After another water stop to resupply, they wer e going to finish their last 5 miles. I was running the 1st 6 mile loop with them.

We got started and the pace was good for me. I was hoping I was not slowing them down. When I asked, they said I was not because they had to do 16 miles and were not planning on a blazing pace. We talked and cut up the whole time running. They 1st 4 miles went by quick. I felt good and my knee was outstanding. As we clocked the last 2 miles, I was thinking of pushing for 8 miles before calling it a day. We discussed it, but decided I didn't need to push a good thing. So when we got to the 1st water resupply for them I stopped. We had ran the 1st 6 miles in alittle over 57 mins. Not that bad!!! I was happy with it anyway. They quickly grabbed new water bottles and headed off for the next 5 mile loop. I streched out some and then headed home. I drank my usual Endurance Fuel drink and took a shower. I iced my knee down for about 30 mins or so just to be safe. I plan on hitting 7 or 8 miles on Monday morning. Wish me luck!!!!!!

Running Log

Saturday, Sept. 27th 6 miles in 57:19

Week total = 15 miles over 3 runs (4, 5, and 6 miles)

No comments: