Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Good News!!!!

I went to the doctor today and he told me I could start running again. BUT, I have to start out slow on a flat surface. He wanted me to walk 3 miles and then rest the next day to see if my knee would hurt. If it didn't, I could run 1/2 to 1 mile and then rest a day. If everything was good, then I could run 2 or 3 miles. If I get to 3 miles ok, I plan on running 3 miles a day for 4 or 5 days to test it more. If that is good, then I plan on getting back to running 5 to 6 miles. I don't think I will be able to run the 1/2 marathon in October though. But I would rather heal up good, than hurt after every run.

I walked 3.25 miles today in 50 mins. I know it ain't a blistering pace, but it was still a good test for my knee. Everything felt great afterwards, so I am looking forward to Friday and running a mile.

Physical therapy is going well too. I have 5 more sessions and we are going to start doing some more intense things to strengthen my legs this Friday.

More later....

No comments: