Saturday, September 6, 2008

Well I done it....

I ran a mile today for the 1st time since injuring my left knee. I ran it at a 9:30 pace. I was trying for 10-11 min pace, but it was hard to run that slow. I was happy that I ran a mile and didn't die after not running for 3 1/2 weeks. My knee felt good. I thought a couple of times that it was going to start hurting, but I think i was just concentrating on it too much. If I just get out there and run and not think about it, I think I will be ok. Both my knees ached a bit after running, but they have not done it in a while. I plan on running 1 1/2 to 2 miles on Monday morning before going to work. If that goes well, I will run 2 to 2 1/2 on Wednesday. I plan on running every other day until I get back up to 3 1/2 miles. When I get there, I will probably get back to training for a marathon granted I am not having any issues with my knee.

No comments: