Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Today's Run was EXCELLENT!!!!

The weather was great this morning when I woke up to run. There was no rain (thought it was moving in) and there was a breeze blowing. I met Rich outside his house and we took off as usual. We ran our regular 4 mile out and back that we always run. We were talking the other day that our 4 and 5 mile out and back runs have alot of hills in them. Maybe that will help me down the road though. Anyway, we chatted it up the whole time we ran and I was feeling good. I even joked with Rich when we turned at 2 miles to head back that I was crying at this same location Saturday in the heat wanting to walk!!! We usually run at around a 9:30 pace, so when we turned into the neighborhood, I thought that we had speed up a bit. We finished our 4 miler back in front of his house and walked around a bit to cool down. When I uploaded my Garmin data later, we had ran the last mile in 9;12. I felt like we had sped up some. The run went great and it was pain-free again.

Now, I am sitting at work today thinking about sneaking in a 2 mile run in the morning to get a few extra miles. Not that long after that, I get a text from Rich to see if I wanted to go again in the morning. So, of course I said "when and how far." We are planning on hitting 4 more miles in the morning. If I can get another 4 in on Thursday and 6 miles on Saturday, I will have a total of 18 miles this week. Not too bad!!!!!

Now only if the rain will hold off or stop for 40 mins in the morning.....


Oh yeah, I BIG SHOT OUT to RICHCOOK99...I see you have found my blog that I talk about and bore you with while we run. When can I expect to be reading your blog on here?

1 comment:

Brian said...

Great to see you're getting some consistency in your running and the pesky IT band is holding up.