Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Well, I can't seem to learn from my mistakes....

Since everything is going good, Rich and I decided to go out again this morning for a 3 to 4 miler. We did three miles. My IT band started a dull ache at about 1.25 miles. I finished up with no more pain but just the dull ache. I thought after the run that I should have stuck with what was working and run every other day. So, I will take tomorrow and Friday off and then run my planned 6 miles on Saturday morning. A buddy of mine called me today and wants to run with Rich and I on Saturday morning. This gives me another running partner to pound some miles with.

I just have to get it through my hard head not to push myself and try to do too much too soon like I have the past 2 times. You think I would learn....

Oh yeah, I should have known something was up when my Garmin died before we got 1/2 mile into the run!!!!

Well, at least the 2 days off will give me time to catch up on sleep. This week was revival at church and I have been getting in bed late....

Happy running!!!

1 comment:

RunnerMom said...

Yes, you can run a marathon Stan! Seriously, if I can do it, ANYONE can.

Get yourself healthy and you can absolutely do it. The difference between training for a half-marathon and a full marathon is FOUR RUNS! The 14, the 16, the 18, and the 20. That's it. And you did several of these before your injury struck, if I recall correctly.

A Boston-qualifying, multiple marathoner friend of mine told me if I could run a half-marathon, I could complete a full. He was right.

It felt almost like the Country Music Walk-a-thon instead of the Marathon at times. I would say go for a cool-weather marathon. April in Tennessee is too unpredictable. I do cringe a little when people ask what my finish time was. But I suppose finishing is finishing!