Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Another week started off good (running wise)

Well, after Sunday and Monday off, I was ready to get a run in on Tuesday morning. There is alot of stuff going on at work, so I have been alittle stressed lately. All this rain has not been nice either. But I awoke this morning to no rain and was happy. I met Rich out in front of his house to get in a 4 miler. We started chatting it up instantly and before you know it, we were turning around at mile 2. The run felt really good and I didn't feel like I was trying that hard. We did the 1st mile in like 9:30ish and then the rest of the run was around 9:15. Not blazing fast I know, but it feels good when you can do a good 4 mile run and afterwards feel like you could do 4 more. We got another run planned for Thursday morning as long as it is not coming a monsoon. I hope to get in 6 miles on Saturday, but I am kinda eyeballin' the Striders Grand Prix race in Shelby Park on Saturday. I am thinking about running it and then later Saturday after ballgames getting in another 3 miles. I am going to talk with Rich about going up to 5 or 5 1/2 miles per run next week. If we include the loop in Richland Park to our 4 miler, then it is like 5.6 miles. I would like to get in 2 to 3 6 milers before the 10k race on Memorial Day in Hendersonville.

Well, off to bed now. I'm tired and really want to be lazy!!!!

No comments: