Sunday, May 3, 2009

A review and a few shot outs

Well, I will start with the shot outs. I think they are more important today....

1st one goes out to Vandy-Montana. Craig, it was good to get to meet you during the "Nashville Chapter" of your life. I thank you for your tips and advice that you gave me. It was nice to finally meet ya, and hopefully when you drop back into Nashville, we can get a run in!

2nd one - To Old Man from the 'boro. Great job on the Flying Pig marathon. This dude has ran like 70+ days in a row training for this marathon and then went out and finished in 3:05. GREAT JOB!!!

3rd one - to RunnerMom. Good job on your 1st marathon and for getting back out there this week.

4th one - to Brian from Florida. He has been giving me good advice since I started reading his blog. He is running super fast right now, so keep it up!!!

5th one - to Amy. I know you are losing your running partner (Vandy-Montana). Keep your head up and keep running. You are doing awesome and I am sure Craig will be proud when you get the sub-4 marathon on August 1st. Oh yeah, sorry Craig kicked your butt in the drinking contest on Thursday!!!!


Now for my review. We I got in 11 miles this week. I felt really good until I got cocky and tried to run 2 days in a row. That was a bad idea!!! I plan on just Tues, Thurs, and Sat. this week. I ended April with 32 miles. I hope to have double that this month!!! I got my 1st 5k coming up on May 16th and I hope that I can do it under 25 minutes.

I did pick up a foam roller this week. It is supposed to help keep my IT band stretched out and not hurt as much. I know it hurts like crap right now to use it!!!!! I also picked up a pack of Shot Bloks to try out. Amy had success with them in the STL, so I thought I would try them. The Jelly Bellys are going to end up choking me, so I need to find something new. I don't really like GU. It feels like Elmer's Glue in my mouth!!!

Well, off to finish watching LOST from this past weekend off TiVo. Happy Running this week to all of you!!!

2 comments:

Old Man said...

Thanks!

Funny walking down the street in Cincinnati, I saw one women carrying her foam roller. Not hard to spot the runners.

Brian said...

Thanks for the shout out. Clif makes something called "Shot bloks". They are little cubes of various flavors with the consistency of Gummy Bears. I tried them at the Disney marathon expo and they were pretty good....I mean for mid run energy shots. Those might be a happy medium for you.

Oh, and you can have my job. I'd rather go full bore entrepreneur right now.