Sunday, June 7, 2009

Good Run This Morning




Finally got off my lazy butt and ran this morning. I was up at 6:30am and met Rich at 7am for an easy 4 miler. It was a great morning for a run and it beautiful. I felt great and the 4 miles went by easy. Not bad for being lazy for a week and not running. I would really like to get June and July under my belt with 60-70 miles per month. This should start me out in a way better position to start marathon training in August. I am still looking at Memphis or Huntsville in December for my 1st one.

Well, the countdown is on. We leave for Walt Disney World at 8pm on Friday night. I CAN'T WAIT!!! I am worse than my 2 kids when it comes to going ot WDW. I love that place and could go everyday!!!!!

Rich wants to get in few 3 to 4 miles this week to get back into running after missing 2 weeks from being sick. I am thinking about changing my schedule up some to still get my 16-20 miles, but run over 5 days or so. Here is what I am thinking.....

Monday - 3 or 4 miles solo
Tuesday - 4 miles with Rich
Wednesday - rest or maybe 2 miles solo
Thursday - 4 miles with Rich
Friday - 4 miles (if no run on Wed, maybe 6 miles)
Saturday - Rest (will have drove all night to WDW Friday night)
Sunday - 3 or 4 miles (if I can keep my eyes open from 24-30 hrs awake straight)

This should work well. I don't think the running back to back will bother me much. My I.T. Band has not hurt in weeks and I don't plan on going over 4 miles.

I want to get in atleast 12 miles in Florida on vacation. I would really like to get 18-20 miles. I figured I will be pretty tired though after walking around WDW all day, every day!!!!

Well, I have to finish getting ready for church. Happy Running to all!!!!!!!


Side note...2008 I ran 213 miles total from April to December. That was with 6 weeks off for my left knee. So far this year, I have ran 206 miles. This is with 4 weeks off for my I.T. band. Still along way from 1,000 miles for the year.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Enjoy your trip. I just spent the weekend at WDW and it was great. Are you staying on property? I may be able to suggest some good running routes.

Tim Wilson said...

Way to get off your lazy butt! :)

Good luck with your December marathon! and good luck with your training!