Monday, June 29, 2009

Well, here we go....


Here is a pic of my new toy. It is a Cannondale, but I can't tell you the exact model and year. It rides well, but needs a good tune up before I ride it much. Anyway, I picked this up on Saturday from a friend for $150!!!! Not too shabby! I got a total of 4 miles in last week. I just could not get up out of bed and run. My daughter was playing in the district tourney for softball and had games every night last week but Friday. It was good though, they ended up winning the 6u district tourney!!!!!

I did get up this morning and run a 5k. I did a lap around my neighborhood and added in a loop through another neighborhood to get the 3.1 I wanted. I did it at an 8:40 min/mile pace, so I was pleased with that. I felt good running that for about 2.5 miles, then it hit me...hehehe. I plan on doing 4 more in the morning.

We did get out as a family and ride bikes this evening after supper. My kids rode the neighborhood once and then wanted to start playing with the other kids. My wife stopped at the house to rest for a few minutes while I did another mile or more up and down our street. Then she joined in again and we did the 2.2 mile loop in our neighborhood again. I got in 6 miles or alittle more on the bike. I am still trying to get the feel for it. I don't have a helmet yet, so I don't want to leave the safety of my neighborhood yet. I plan on riding every day that I don't run and maybe some days I run too. I would love to run at least 6 miles each time I head out the door and then do 10-20 miles on the bike in the evenings when my wife is off. I might try some 3-6 mile runs on the weekends and then jump on the bike and do 10 miles or so. I would like to find a dualathalon somewhere close.

Well, off to get a shower and hit the hay....5:45am will come early....

1 comment:

Old Man said...

good looking bike. you got a deal.