Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. We are home now from Florida. It was a great vacation, but I am drained. The heat down there was intense. Good thing I came home when I did, it is the same heat here in Tennessee. YEAH!!! Anyway, I tried to watch what I ate down there, but I didn't do a very good job of it. I took all my running gear hoping to get atleast 12 miles in. I got a whopping 0 miles in!!! I even lost my $50 compression running socks in the process. All in all it was a great trip though and I can't wait until my next vacation.

I did realize on the way home yesterday I have about 6 weeks left until I start my marathon training again. I have to become more discipline over the next 6 weeks and get 20-25 miles in a week so I will have alittle base for when I start. I think that is why I stayed hurt this past time. I didnt run much at all for 6 weeks before I started training, so I really had no base at all. I do hope to change that this time.

This week's running will suck though. Rich is gone for the whole week, so that means all my mileage this week will be solo miles. I HATE SOLO MILES!!!!

My father's day present is going to be a road bike. I have a friend that has a nice Cannondale road bike for sale for $150. I think I have to hook him up with some UK Basketball tickets this fall too! I plan on putting some miles on it to see if I like the road bike thing before I spend $1500-2000 on a new one. This one is just about an inch to big for me, but I will make due for $150. It was an $1800 bike brand new!!!

Everyone have a good Sunday and I hope to see some of you at a race soon!!!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Glad you made it home safely. You missed a great pre-dawn run on Saturday morning in the St. Petersburg humidity!