Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Here goes week 2

Well, the start of week 2 went very well. Monday was a rest day!!!!!! After running 8 miles on Sunday, my knees and legs needed a day of rest. I also tore the worn skin off my huge blister on my left foot. I was hoping by doing so I would help speed the skin up in getting tougher. After running this morning though, my idea was not a good one. I got another small blister forming in the same spot. I have been caking on the Body Glide trying to keep it from happening. It is probably just my shoe fit. I hope to get new running shoes by the first of Sept. and have them broken in for the Oct. 1/2 marathon.

I found out Sunday at church that I leave for my Honduras mission trip on the same weekend as the Walt Disney World marathon. I guess I will not be running it in 2009. My family and I love WDW and that is where I would LOVE to run my 1st marathon. I am trying to get my wife to head to Las Vegas in Dec. so I can run the 1/2 marathon on our anniversary (Dec. 7th). I guess I will look to run the Country Music Marathon as my 1st marathon and just run WDW marathon in '10. Who knows!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Well, back to running. I got up this morning at 0545hrs and ran my planned 4 miles. The run was a good one. The weather was nice and it was good to be up and running. I downloaded some Eminem to my MP3 player Sunday night, so I listened to it while I ran. My knees were alittle sore for the 1st mile or so, but I found my stride after that. I have found that I feel the most comfortable while running a 9-9 1/2 minute mile. I know that is not blazing fast or anything, but it just seems to be where I feel the best at. I guess a 9 minute mile over 26.2 would not be that bad. After running, I cooled down with a walk down the street. I then drank my usual Endurance Fuel and ate my protein bar. Endurance Fuel is not that bad. It taste pretty good after running. I guess it is doing a good job on helping me recovering after running too. I just tingle all over for about 20 mins after I drank it though. Well, I got to get off of here and go mow the lawn. Now for 3 miles in the morning......

Running Log (Week 2)

Monday - 0 miles (rest day, no cross training yet)

Tuesday - 4 miles at 35:58 minutes

No comments: