Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The start of Week 3....

Well Monday morning when I woke up, I thought some cut my left leg off at the knee. My knee was sooooo sore that I could barely bend it. I started to get alittle worried that I might have done something bad to it. Thank goodness Monday was a rest day. I went on to work and hobbled around all day. I talked to our medical director about it and he said I was getting to old to run that far...hehehe. He told me to stay off of it and not run again until the pain was gone. If it kept hurting, he told me to go see an ortho. By mid afternoon it was feeling alittle better and I could atleast bend my knee all the way with out it killing me. I ate enough anti-inflamatory meds that I figured I would wake up with my liver beside me....hehehe. My knee slowly felt better all day and when I went to bed that night, it was not hurting much at all except with I moved side to side. I figured I should hold off on the scheduled 5-6 miles on Tuesday.

I woke up Tuesday morning and my knee was alittle sore. After an hour or so, it felt good. I still have some movements that cause pain, but all in all, it is 100% better that Sunday night. I talked to a guy I work with who was an ortho PA in CA. He checked my knee out and pushed and pulled all over my knee. It didn't hurt and he said I probably just strained the cartliage or tendon on the lateral side of my knee. He recommended taking the week off and getting a better pair of running shoes. When he found out that I am getting blisters alot on my left arch and that my left ankle had hurt for 2 months when I started, he knew what it was. He said I was compensating for my ankle and causing my knee pain. He said I was also landing on my left foot different when I ran and it was causing the blisters. After everyone saying take a break from running, I figured I would give it until Thursday before attempting to run again. I plan on doing 2 to 3 slow miles on Thursday to test my knee. Mickey said he and Rich are running 7 or so miles on Saturday and he said to come run with them. I hope my knee is better so I can. Those two will help me out a ton and I can't wait to get to run so good training runs with them. They are planning on running the 1/2 marathon in the 'boro on Oct. 11th, so I think I may do that one instead of the one in Nashville on Oct. 4th. If I can stay healthy......


Running Log

Monday, Aug. 11th - O miles (Rest day)

Tuesday, Aug 12th - O miles (Resting bum knee)

No comments: