Saturday, August 16, 2008

What I was afraid of....

Well this week has been a boring week, I have not run any and found that I miss it. It is funny how something that sucks while you are doing it can grow on you. Oh wait, that is work in general...hehehe. Anyway, my knee felt better on Wednesday and Thursday. I had just a little pain and soreness here and there when I stepped wrong or turned to quick. I found out Thursday afternoon that I would be training with the county ERT (SWAT) on Friday morning. I was excited, but worried about my knee. The training went well. I made it through it. We ran right at a mile. My knee hurt, but once I sped up some, it was bearable. I also found out Thursday night that Rich and Mickey were running today at 7am. They were going for 8 miles today. I was excited about getting to run again with these guys. I got up at 6:30am and got dressed and streched out. I walked down to Rich's house to meet him and Mickey. We started running and my knee felt good. But it didn't last long. I made it about 1/2 a mile before I needed to stop. I knew I could not run 8 miles so I just shut it down for fear of hurting my knee anymore. So, as I am typing this, Mickey and Rich are out running 8 miles and I am sitting here. I am going to call Monday morning to get an appointment to have it checked out. I post up what the results are. Have a good weekend. I have to prepare for my wife's 40th birthday party tonight and her actual birthday tomorrow.


Running Log

Wednesday, Aug 13th - 0 miles (resting knee)

Thursday, Aug 14th - 0 miles (resting knee)

Friday, Aug 15th - 3/4 to 1 mile (training with ERT - knee hurt)

Saturday, Aug 16th - 1/2 t0 3/4 miles (stopped running due to knee pain)

No comments: