Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well...here I sit...

I'm watching the Olympic marathon right now and these guys are floating. I don't think they can run the whole race on a 4:45 pace.

I went to the ortho on Wed. I have a strained LCL in my left knee. I have a brace on it right now that I have to wear for 2 weeks straight. I go back on Sept. 3rd. If I have no pain, I can start running again slowly. They want me to run 1/2 mile and see how it does and then SLOWLY increase back up to training. I told them I had a 1/2 marathon in Oct. and I still wanted to do it. They said I would be able too. If my knee is still hurting when I go back, they are going to do a MRI to see what else is going on. After 3 days of wearing the brace, my knee feels great, but they told me not to run on it. That sucks, cause I really, really miss running for some reason. If I dont get back to running, I am going to be HUGE!!!! I started physical therapy on Thursday and I have to go twice a week. I got exercises to do at home too 5 days a week. My knee cap is tilted to one side, so they are doing strength training to help straigthen it up before it gives me problems too. By the time I get to run again, it will be almost a month since I injuried it. I hope it is good so I can get back to training for the 1/2 marathon. Well, I will post more later. It is hard to watch TV and type this out......

No comments: