Thursday, August 27, 2009

No Slowing Down....

Well, I have been meaning to blog a little more, but crap, when do I have time. Sunday I was able to get in my 2.5 recovery run for a total of 20 miles for last week. I think the short run after the 8 mile run helped my legs alot. I woke up Monday and was not sore at all. I did the 2.5 miles slow and didn't worry about my time. Once thing is for sure though, I wil NEVER drank an AMP'd and go straight out and run again. I about seen it for the 2nd time right after mile 1. I had to stop and walk for a minute or two to keep from throwing it back up. After that, I was good to go. Monday I took a rest day. I had planned on running, but woke up Monday morning with my stomach acting up, so I put off my run. Tuesday, I got in 3 miles with Rich and then ran 2 more miles after he peeled off to get ready for the day. His in-law's were in town, so he squeezed in a run with me Tuesday morning. I finished that 5 miles feeling good and felt I could have went a few more miles. The weather was great too, so I am sure that played a part in it. Wednesday I got up earlier than normal and headed to Hendersonville for EMS Bike Team training. I had planned on running 4 miles and then riding with the team, but I was running late and only got in a 3 mile run. I did progressively get faster over the run and finished my last mile in 8:13. I felt good after that run too. My legs seem to be doing well with the increase in mileage. I just pray it stays that way. The team and I ended up riding a little over 6 miles. This helped loosen my legs up to and I felt GREAT after riding. This morning I got up and didn't feel well again. I had a late night at work, so I got in bed at like 11:30pm and was up at 5:10am to run. I did consider texting Rich and bailing on him, but I finally grew and set, got dressed, and headed out the door. I wanted to do 6 miles this morning, but after thinking about having to be at work early to go to a meeting in Nashville, I decided I better only do the 4 miles with Rich. We knocked it out at a 9:14 pace. Legs felt great again and my shins have all but stopped hurting. The only time they are a little tender is the next morning after a rest day. It is like they feel better then more I run and they don't want to take a break. I am on track to log my 3rd straight 20 mile week. I have plans to run 8 miles on Saturday morning early before an 8:30am baseball game. Then I want to do another 2-3 mile recovery run on Sunday. This should put me at 20-22 miles for the week. It should cap of a 70+ miles month of August for me!!!! I am stoked about that.....

Well, thanks for reading my blog and feel free to comment (good or bad)....Happy Running!

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Nice consistancy lately! Keep it up. Running will get even more enjoyable as fall arives.