Sunday, August 2, 2009

Here we go...

Well, I have not been doing very well with my training the past few weeks. I have had very small numbers the past few weeks. It has been crazy busy at work and I have just not wanted to get up and run. I plan on changing it, but I have to get mentally ready too. I did get a good run in this morning. I only did 4 miles, but it was AWESOME. I think this is my 1st run where I had a negative split too. My 1st mile was 8:50. the next was 8:43 (or something like that). I then decided that I could probably step it up a bit (Plus it was looking like rain at any minute). I then sped up and got mile 3 in 8:30. The last mile I sped up again and concentrated on running strong. I finished the last mile and looked down at my Garmin. The last mile was in 8:08!!! I was stoked. The whole run had an average of 8:36!!! I know this was not totally correct though. I plan on running the Garden Spot 5k in Franklin, KY this next weekend, so I hope to keep an 8 minute mile up for 3.1!!! I want to come in under 24 minutes again if I can push myself. Well, I am off to finish this TV show I am watching and hit the bed. I hope to get in 4 more miles tomorrow.

SHOUT OUT TOO CRAIG & AMY !!! They finished the Grizzly Marathon yesterday, and then surprised everyone with a 2nd, that's right I said 2nd, marathon today!!!! You guys rock!!!

Happy running to all....

No comments: