Monday, February 16, 2009

The begining of week 7....and 27 miles

Well, Sunday was a lazy rest day for me. I woke up feeling good except for my arch on my right foot. No real soreness in my calves or thighs. I was stoked about this, because last Sunday I was sore. Monday rolled around and I was off work due to President's Day. I met Rich at 9am to run a easy 4 miles. We both started out with gloves and head covers due to it being about 30 degrees or so. After about 2 miles, we both were pretty warm and started shedding stuff. The run went well for me. My calves didn't hurt at all. My right foot hurt the whole way, but running and talking with Rich kept my mind off it. We finished up in 36:13. Not to bad since I want my marathon pace to be around 9:30. I spent the rest of the day with my mom, sister and her kids, my wife, and my kids. We went to eat and then bowling. It was nice to spend the day all together since we don't get to do that much. I am going to sit by the fire for the rest of the night and snuggle up with my wife. I plan to be out again in the morning for 4 more miles before heading to work.

Hope everyone stays warm in the morning while running....

No comments: