Thursday, February 19, 2009

My new kicks....


So I just got back from dropping some coin on my new kicks. They are Saucony Progrid Guide 2s. They felt the best on my feet out of the 3 pairs I tried on. I tried on a pair of bronze Brooks that were not bad, but the color was horrible. The blue and white Pearl Izumi pair where superlight weight, but I didn't feel like they would give me enough support. I really picked this pair because they are blue and white...hehehe. Anyway, I was reading the box on the way home and thought the name sounded familiar. Sure enough, when I pulled up Vandy-Montana's blog, he bought the same pair last week. I hope to get mine broke in starting next week when i do my low mileage days. I will pray that my old shoes with the new arch supports will make it through Saturday and not shred my feet.
Big thanks to Bill at ACME Multisports for his help and showing me what I needed.
Oh yeah, I wanted to try out the image posting function too, so I thought I would do this post. If someone gets some shots of the training run on Saturday, and I'm in any, I will post them here.

1 comment:

Vandy-Montana said...

Have you had any issues with them tearing the back of your feet? These didn't hurt mine, but the regular Guides cut into the back of my foot. I think I broke them in enough they won't do that again.