Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Need your prayers....

My wife's uncle is having emergency open heart surgery tomorrow morning at 6am in Paducah, KY. We are heading up there to be with her family after we drop the kids off at school. He has been having some health issues lately. He found out today that he has a 100% blockage in one main artery and a 95% blockage in another. One of his kidneys is located inside his chest cavity too (don't ask me how). The doctors told him he has a 90-95% chance of living with the surgery. He as a 100% chance of death if he does not have it. So, of course, he is doing it. He is also a diabetic, so there are complications there too. So please pray for Dale, his daughter and her kids, my father-in-law and the rest of the brothers, and my wife. Just raise them up, and through the power of prayer, his surgery will be a success and his recovery will go smoothly.

My cousins' father also died of a rare blood cancer. He is leaving behind his wife, 5 kids, and a host of grandkids. So please lift them up also.

You know, after all of this, my whining about my calves and my decision to run the marathon or 1/2 marathon is not that important anymore.

Happy running....

1 comment:

RunnerMom said...

I said a prayer for him. And for you.... I think we just have training ups and downs. We have to take the bad with the good. Have you tried drinking Accelerade during and after your runs to help with muscle soreness? I absolutely feel Accelerade helps me with muscle recovery. (Or try Cytomax since that's what we'll be served at CMM.) I haven't read back very far, but I think if you've run 18 miles, you are GOLDEN for the marathon. If you can run 18, you can run 26 with the added adrenaline of race day. Many programs only go up to 18. The Hanson-Brooks marathon training plan only goes to 16!

I hope you have a good run this week and your spirits brighten!

I'll see you at Tom King. I'm supposed to do a 20-miler that day, but I think I'll just do 13 and do the 20 the next week. (My coach wants me to do 7 either before or after, but that's just crazy.)