Friday, February 13, 2009

Nearing the end of Week 6

Well here it is, Friday, the next to last day of week 6. Today is a rest day after a 5 mile run on Thursday. The problem is, I didn't run the scheduled 5 miles yesterday. I didn't feel good when a woke up yesterday morning, so I decided to run at the gym Thursday night. Well, that didn't happen either. After my son's end of the year basketball party, I had ate 5 pieces of pizza and about 8 cookies. I no longer felt like running and just wanted to go home and sleep. I have stayed tired all week long and my calves and thighs have stayed sore. I know it is just from the increase in running, but it still sucks. I decided to miss the 5 mile run yesterday to save what I got left for the 12 mile run on Saturday. I figured the long runs will be alittle better to do than the short ones. I plan on running all my days next week (week 7), but I will have to see how my legs do after the 15 mile run on Saturday. Rich is going to run part of the 12 miles with me, so atleast I will not be alone. I am weighting the idea of running the Nashville Striders training run on Feb. 21st. It is 18 miles and I only have to do 15 miles that day. I figured I can try to do it, but if I get to tired after 15 miles, I will just shut it down and walk. I would love to run miles 11-26 of the marathon prior to the race though. Time will tell.....

1 comment:

Vandy-Montana said...

Do the training run, Hoss. It's a good time! Plus if you feel poorly after 10+ miles you can shortcut it back to the start...