Monday, February 9, 2009

Running with blocks...

That is what it felt like this afternoon while running my scheduled 4 miles. I ran 10 miles on Saturday and woke up Sunday feeling good, except for my calves. They were very, very sore. After getting up and moving around some, they felt better. But, after sitting alot in church, the stiffness sat in. I awoke this morning with just about all the soreness gone. I decided to run this afternoon instead of this morning just because I was too lazy to get up at 5am. I started this 4 miles alittle fast and ended up running the 1st mile around a 8:30 pace. I slowed some due to my legs feeling alittle heavy. At about 2.25 miles, I felt like someone had put blocks around my ankles. My calves had locked up and felt like lead. I pushed through it and finished my 4 mile run, but I didn't want too. I hope every run after a long one don't suck this bad!!!! I am running 3 miles in the morning with Rich, so I know that will suck too.

Oh yeah, my wife and I signed up at the local gym here in town today. I hope to get in some weight training on my rest days from running. They have cardio kickboxing too. Let's see how this goes, I will keep you updated on this new adventure.

No rest for the weary though.....

No comments: