Saturday, February 7, 2009

Marathon training thus far...

Well, so far so good with the marathon training. Thank goodness I am only running 4 days a week. I have yet to run all 4 days though. Either the weather has been crappy, or I have been too lazy. I am trying to follow Bart Yasso's 16 week marathon training program. I am running the low mileage days on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Saturdays are my long run days.

I plan on running the Country Music Marathon on April 25th in Nashville. This will be my 1st one and I hope to just finish. I want to finish in under 5 hours and think I can do that. I would love to break 4 hours, but I just want to worry about finishing my 1st one. I plan on trying to get 100 people to sponsor me $1 a mile ($26 a person when I finish) for a total of $2,600. I plan on using the money to buy shoes for the kids in Honduras for our 2010 trip. I hated running out of kids shoes this year. There are alot of kids down there running around barefooted due to not having but 1 pair of shoes.

I missed 2 weeks of training while I was in Honduras. But I did hike 5 miles in the rain and mud up and down the mountain side one day. I also walked at fast as I could up a 1.5 mile road to one of the villages. I walked back down it too. The 2nd week I was there, I didn't do to much physical stuff. I did snorkel all day long on our free day.

I plan on trying to blog the rest of my training. This is the end of week 5 of training. I didn't running the 4 miles on Monday or 3 miles on Tuesday due to bone chillin' cold. I did get in my 5 mile run on Thursday on a treadmill. My long run was today. I got in 10 miles in 1 hour and 35 minutes. I did it all by myself too. I plan on hitting the pavement or treadmill on all my running days no matter what the weather. I have to put in the mileage and time if I want to finish.

So here is the rundown of weeks 1 through 5 for this marathon training session.
Pre-week 1 - I got 5.5 miles in on Saturday before week 1 started (just to make sure I could still run)
Week 1 - Scheduled distance-15 miles Actual distance-7 miles
Week 2 - Scheduled distance-17 miles Actual distance-3 miles (1st week in Honduras)
Week 3 - Scheduled distance-19 miles Actual distance-0 miles (2nd week in Honduras)
Week 4 - Scheduled distance-18 miles Actual distance-8 miles (returned on Wed. from Honduras)
Week 5 - Scheduled distance-22 miles Actual distance-15 miles (missed Mon./Tues. due to weather)

Total scheduled distance so far - 91 miles
Actual distance so far - 33 miles (I am behind alot. Can't lay out of running anymore)

Well, on to week 6 now (Scheduled 24 miles-12 miles long run)

No comments: