Sunday, February 22, 2009

A day of rest....

Well, just what I needed after running 18 miles yesterday. A DAY OF REST!!!! I surprised myself this morning by getting up out of bed without falling over from stiffness. My feet, calves, and knees are alittle sore from yesterday. It is not as bad as I thought it was going to be though. I have spent most of the day stretching whenever I could. I was running the sound board for choir at church this afternoon and stretching the whole time. The people in the choir thought I was crazy. I did get a good 2 hour nap after lunch. I enjoyed that more than anything.

Now I am trying to decide something. I can get up at 5am and run my 4 miles, or wait until the afternoon. I was thinking if I waited until afternoon, I could use the day to recover. I know I have to get out and run the soreness out and "man up." I am just tired all the time. I guess it is from all the running. All I am wanting right now is to sleep. So, I am off of here to finishing up "Heroes" from last Monday and hit the hay.

I hope everyone's week starts out with a good run tomorrow.

1 comment:

Vandy-Montana said...

Jeez, it was kinda stupid as IT band decided not to work after mile 15 yesterday. I pretty much hobbled today, but I wanted to see what the East Nasty running group was all about. You think I'm bad, Amy ran 10 today! But she was down on milage this week. You running the Judicata on Saturday?