Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today totally sucked!!!!

I got up at 530am to run and it was really cold outside, so I thought I would try out my new gym membership. I show up and scan my index finger and type in my code. The clicks and I walk right in feeling like I am special with the fingerprint scanning and all. There are about 15 people in there this morning (its about 545am) and a few are running on treadmills. I get my stuff in a locker and start stretching out. My legs feel ok, but my right arch is hurting with every step I take. I climb aboard a treadmill and start running at a 9:45 min/mile pace. I do about 1/2 mile and speed up to 9:30. I planned on running most of the workout at 8:45-9:00 miles. After about a mile, my calves start feeling tight and my arch is killing me. I get about 1.25 miles and have to stop to stretch out my calves and rest my arch. I pause for about a minute or so and then start back. I get another mile in and have to step off and stretch out again. My legs at this point are tired and my calves feel like the are being riped out of my legs. I can handle this part, but the arch pain is rough. It is bad enough that it is changing my whole stride (like I had a good one to begin with). After another minute or so pause, I climb back aboard the treadmill. I slow to a 10 min mile and hope I can get in the last 1.75 miles. I make it about .75 and decide it is probably best that I just stop and write this training day off as a bad one. I don't know my official time while I was running, but I guess I did 3 miles in 29:15-29:30 range. I ended up not giving myself any time to lift any weights, so I just cooled down and headed to work to shower. Hopefully my rest day will help and I will be ready for 4 miles with Rich on Thursday morning. I am still planning on making the training run on Saturday in Nashville. I just hope my arch don't kill me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep at it, your body is trying to change your mind, but the body only does what it is told. Part of your training is the mental, hang a Bud light Off a stick in front of you it may help. Keep up the hard work it will be more rewarding than you realize. Best Daniel