Thursday, February 26, 2009

What a day.....

Wow, I'm tired!!!! Who knew driving 2.5 hours to Paducah, waiting in the hospital for news, and then driving home 2.5 hours would make you this tired. So now I am being lazy. I'm lying across the bed watching some spring training baseball. Oh how I love my baseball!!!! Anyway, things went well with the surgery. Thanks for your prayers! The doctor said everything went great and it was a textbook surgery. He is resting in recovery now. Visitation starts tonight for my cousins' father. I think we are going tomorrow night and then I will be going to the funeral on Saturday. I know how it is to lose your dad. IT SUCKS!!! So I know my cousins are having a hard time. Just please keep them and my wife's uncle in your prayers still.

My left calf is feeling better, but it is still sore. It feels better with Aleve or Motrin, so I know it is pretty much just soreness and nothing worse. I plan on just resting it the rest of the week. I am going to try and run on it on Saturday. I figure I can make it as long as I keep it slow.

I talked to Rich the other night about making a decision on the full or 1/2 marathon. He feels like I can still make the full marathon. He wants me to concentrate on making my long runs and doing them slow. The shorter runs I am going to start working on speeding up the pace on them. I just basically need to man up and do this!!! I will probably whine and cry the next big long run I do, but I have to put my head down and keep going. He said it is my decision in the end, and as of now, I am still going to do the full marathon. If you seen the ending of The Biggest Loser this week, Dane ran a marathon after being kicked off in 3 hrs and 59 mins. So if he can do it, SO CAN I!!!!!!

Happy running everyone and I will let everyone know Saturday how my run goes.

No comments: