Sunday, March 1, 2009

End of week 8...Start of week 9



Here is a random pic of my wife and I on a bowling outing with the family.

Well, I have not posted anything over the past few days. I have been just kinda hanging out around the house. Vandy-Montana was encouraging me to come out and run the Race Judicata race Saturday. I had not run all week and was still worried about how my calves would do. I finally made up my mind that I would head down to run both the 5k and 10k. I wanted those arm warmers!!! Anyway, I was scheduled for 12 miles on Saturday and planned to run both races and call it a day. Well, when I woke up at 5:15am Saturday to get ready to go, it was cold and pouring down rain here in Portland. I decided I didn't want to freeze while running, so I chickened out and climbed back in bed. Later, I got a message from Vandy-Montana that I had missed 2 good races. Looks like he and Amy both did well in the races. So CONGRATULATIONS!!!! In the pics I seen, everyone looked like drowned rats....hehehe. I decided on Saturday I would rest the calves until Monday and then start on Week 9. Well, this afternoon I got a text from Rich. He was planning on running 3 miles from our neighborhood to his church to pick up his car and he wanted me to go with him. I decided it was time to try out the ole legs. We left at 3pm and headed out into a strong headwind for our 3 mile run. Nor he or I had ran much this week, so we both were trying to get our breathing right. I was going to run 3 miles to the church and then just run back, but after eatting eggs, bacon, and toast for lunch, I decided not too. They were in my throat at about mile 2.5. We finished our run in 26:48. We were surprised we had done it that quick, but I think we were just trying to get out of the wind. The good news is, MY LEGS DID GREAT!!!! I stretched really good before and after I ran. I was just happy to get out and run again and make it 3 miles without pain. Now for 6 miles in the morning. Not sure if I will brave the cold and run outside, or head to the gym to hit the treadmill. Week 9 brings 30-32 miles, so I am more than willing to knock them out. Rich is still unsure if he is going to run the 1/2 marathon at the CMM. If he don't run, I think I will just sign up for the 4:30 pace group and run with them. I don't want to try and pace myself because I suck at it. I will start out way to fast and die at the end. So, bring on week 9 BABY!!!!

On a side note, I am an assistant coach for my son's baseball team. We had a coach's meeting tonight to decide on our practices. We have 3 1 and 1/2 hour practices a week. I am happy to get in as much practice as possible for a group of 9 and 10 year olds. But, I also will have 2 to 3 1 and 1/2 hour practices for my daughter's softball team. Looks like I will be living at the park for the next 4 months. Once again, BRING IT ON BABY!!!! I love my kids playing baseball and softball!!!! They have a blast and I have a blast watching them. But with work, church, softball/baseball practice AND training for a marathon, I wish I could clone myself!!!!!

End of week 8 totals
Scheduled miles - 24 miles Actual miles - 1 miles (WOW, don't everyone clap at once) ***Atleast I got some rest***

Now for week 9 and 30-32 miles....

No comments: