Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's been a week...

Well, It has been a week now since I last ran. My IT band is feeling better, but not healed all the way yet. I went for a fly ball at my son's baseball practice yesterday and it hurt on about tthe 3rd step I took. There is still a nagging ache there when I go up or down stairs. The thing that confuses me most right now is my left shin. It has gotten really tender since I have not been running. It usually aches after I run and for the 1st mile or 2 when I start running. No it is just aching all the time. I am hoping my body is just repairing any damage that might be there. I am still planning on resting for this next week. I then will get back to running. I figured I would start with 2 miles. If all goes well, I will rest one day and then run 3 miles the next day. I thought I could build up to 8 miles or so that way. Then I will run 8-10 miles and rest 2 days between running days. I hope to get 12-13 miles on one run before the Country Music 1/2. Time will tell.

Here are some side notes to my life the past week.

1. Noah's evaluation for private baseball lessons went well. We will be starting them sometime this week and plan on doing them 2 to 3 times a week. We are dropping the coin for 14 sessions, so he better take it serious. In the 30 minute evaluation Thursday, I seen a big difference in his batting stance before and after they showed him what to do. I also ordered his ComBat Da Bomb 2 baseball bat from eBay Friday night. That thing was $250!!! But he uses the 1st model of this bat and it is outstanding, so I don't mind spending the money on it.

2. Jen is able to start tapering off her high blood pressure medicine now that she has lost over 32 lbs. She will be completely off of it in a few weeks.

3. I am back down in the 170's now. I weighed at my mom's house the other day and was 178. I was at 177lbs last August when I hurt my left knee. I have been eatting like a horse this week with no running, so I figure I probably am back up to 183-185lbs now.

4. Gracie has been doing good at her softball practices. The coach told Jen and I that we are not allowed at practice anymore. She plays better without us there....hehehe. She is throwing and hitting better this year. We still need to work on her catching the ball though.

Well, that is enough for now. I am waiting to hear how everyone did at the 20 miler this past Saturday. I want to send a BIG CONGRATS to RunnerMom for her 20 miler on Friday. KEEP IT UP!!!!!

1 comment:

RunnerMom said...

Thanks for the shout out! I hope your IT band continues to heal!