Monday, March 2, 2009

I hate treadmills....

Well, this morning started out butt cold again. I decided to just hit the gym for my mileage today. I headed there around 5:30am to give me enough time to do 6 miles and then get ready for work. I got there and hit the treadmill after stretching. I decided to just do a 10 min/mile pace to not overdue it. After about a mile and a half, I wanted to shoot myself. I HATE RUNNING ON A TREADMILL. I felt like I was going to fall off the damn thing. My new shoes are wider than my old ones. They got on my nerves slapping the belt of the treadmill. The sound of the treadmill was driving me nuts. About 3/4 of a mile into running, my MP3 player locked up, so my music was shot. I was forced to listen to Channel 5 news while trying to run. After 2 miles, I decided to call it quits. The bad thing was, the 3 miles I ran yesterday were in the back of my mind. So, I really only dropped a mile instead of 4 miles. But I know in the long run, I need the 6 miles to be all at once. I am worried about testing the calf and arch though. I really don't want them hurting the next 7 weeks before the marathon. I have decided to move my Tuesday morning run to Wednesday morning. It is going to be 20 degrees warmer, so that is a no brainer. Rich and I are going to do 4 miles on Wednesday and then 4 more on Thursday. I got 16 miles planned on Saturday. I hope I can go to PWP for the Striders run, but I am not sure when my daughter's softball practice is. I might have to get up at 5 am and do 16 miles here in Portland to make it to all the practices on Saturday. Anyway, I'm off of here to go take some more Aleve.

Hope the treadmill don't shoot me off of it next time I try and run on one......

No comments: