Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Good Lord has His ways....

Well, I was planning on 3 to 4 miles in the morning to test out the ole IT band. But, at 4am yesterday morning I woke up sick. I have had a chest cold, coughing, and full body aches the entire weekend. Just my luck with this being my wife's weekend off work. I did go to church this morning to run the sound board, but it took all I had to do it. So I guess the Good Lord is telling me I need to rest for a few more days. I talked to Rich today and we are going to try and do 3 or 4 on Thursday. I have to be in Nashville at 8am for an all day conference on HR issues, so I need to get to feeling better. CONGRATS to Amy and Vandy-Montana on their good showing at the Running to Beat the Blues 5k on Saturday. I was thinking about that race while I was trying to keep from throwing up!!!!

Thanks Brian for the suggestion on a new running schedule. I might have to work up to 6 days a week though. I like the looks of that schedule. I could increase mileage with it and cut some of the runs back to so I don't end up doing too much all back to back. I plan on buying the Daniel's Running Formula book this week if I can get to Barnes & Noble to pick it up. Keep the suggestions coming.

BTW, I think my County Music 1/2 marathon plans are going to be shot also. I am thinking of working on my base mileage and then hitting some 1/2s and maybe a full this fall.

2 comments:

RunnerMom said...

I hate to hear that you may not do the half! Maybe things will turn around between now and then.

I think catching a cold a few weeks before a marathon is very normal. We are all worn down from all the training!

Hope you feel better soon!

Vandy-Montana said...

Glad you're out running again. Invest in a foam roller for the IT band.

Thanks for the invite, but I'll be downtown very drunk on the night of the 25th...