Thursday, March 5, 2009

Headwinds stink!!!!

We (Rich and I) were out at 5:15am this morning for more mileage. We decided to add in the Richland Park loop for a total of alittle over 5 and 1/2 miles. Everything felt good for me and the weather was not hat cold. Just a pretty good breeze blowing. Well, when we took off, the wind was blowing right into our face. We ran all the way to the park and around half the loop with it pounding us. We were doing about a 9 min/mile pace, which we do pretty much everytime. This time though the wind was killing me. After about half way through the run, I had to back off for a few minutes to getting my breathing back normal. We have steady hill that is probably 1/4 of a mile or so on our return run. When we got to the top, my legs were feeling it. This was alittle before 50 minutes into the run. I have been in the habit of eatting my Jelly Bellys at 45 minute intervals. I feel sure that if I were going further, I would have been ok with a pack of Jelly Bellys at this point. I think they are probably all mental, but whatever helps!!!! We finished up the last 1/2 mile at a 8:45-9 min/mile pace. When all was said and done, we got in 5.58 in 52:10. It was a good run and I was happy that nothing was hurting afterwards. I plan on heading down to PWP on Saturday morning to run 16 miles of the 21 mile Nashville Strider's training run. The hills will probably kill me, but what don't kill me will only make me stronger......

Look forward to running the next few days, it is going to be beautiful.....

No comments: