Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Now for an update...

Taking a break sucks!!! I already miss running and it has only been 3 days. I went to the sports medicine doctor on Monday afternoon. He confirmed what I thought, it is my IT Band. He wants me to take a 6 week break and go to phsyical therapy again. I can do the therapy stuff at home and the gym, been there done that!!!! I still am planning on taking 2 weeks off and then slowly working back up to the Country Music 1/2 Marathon. My knee still has a small pain in it when i go up or down stairs and attempt anything faster than a walk. This afternoon at my son's baseball practice, I tried to shag a ball and took about two steps and it hurt like hell!!! One of the other asst. coaches was laughing at me. I have not got into the gym yet...hehehe. I have kinda enjoyed sleeping until 6am instead of 4:30-4:45am. My wife has been hitting the gym harder the past week. She text me tonight when she got to work. She is down 32.5 lbs in 8 weeks or so. I am stoked for her!!!!! We are taking my son to Bowling Green Thursday night to be evaluated for private baseball lessons. They have a good baseball training facility up there and we are going to check it out. A friend of mine went last Friday night and loved it. We are looking at 10 to 14 private lessons on hitting, fielding, catching, and throwing. I don't care about him learning to pitch right now though. It is too much stress on a kid's arm. My daughter had a good softball practice tonight. I think she gets the game this year in her 2nd time around. She has improved alot and we have not even worked on anything in the off season. I hope it comes natural for her.

Well, that is all of my boring life for you today....I will post more later in the week...

Everyone stay safe out on the roads and trails running....stay healthy

1 comment:

RunnerMom said...

Your kids must be close to my kids' ages---my son is 8 and my daughters are 6 and 2. Unfortunately, gymnastics is our only sport. (Actually, it makes my life much easier because it's only once a week!)

I hope two weeks off gives you a chance to heal and have a strong showing at the CMM. You might blow away your Tom King time!