Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another crazy week.....

OK, me and long runs don't get along. After the 18 miler, I didn't run the next week due to soreness in my calves. Now, after the 14 miles I ran Saturday, I have not run this week either. My IT Band on the right leg has been acting up all week. I got some tips from Vandy-Montana to help take care of it. It feels better today though. I have spent the last to nights icing and rubbing it down. I am beginning to think I have something more than soreness going on in my left calf. It just will not quit hurting. Right now it is just a nagging pain, but after I run it hurts like hell. I am thinking about getting some compression socks to see if they will help. If it hurts after Saturday again, I think I will just go have a X-ray. I am worried it might be a stress fracture in my fibia (the medical side coming out in me). So, if you see me dying Saturday, it is because I have not ran a bit this week. I think I might have gotten in over my head with this marathon thing.......

Until next time....

2 comments:

RunnerMom said...

Maybe taking it easy this week is just what you need.

Good luck on Saturday. Looks like the weather is going to STINK.

Brian said...

If the pain is in your calf, it's likely a calf strain (worst case). A stress fracture in the tibia would feel more like really bad shin splints (ie, pain in the front).