Thursday, February 19, 2009

Man was it cold this morning...

It took me about 2 hours to thaw out after I ran this morning. I got up late and had to hurry and get ready. I walked out of my house ready to make a beeline to Rich's house to meet him. When I rounded the corner of my house, I heard a whistle. There stood Rich all balled up waiting on me. Luckly, he had just got there like 2 minutes before I came out. We took off and headed out of the neighborhood. About 0.5 miles into it, we were hit in the face by the cold morning wind. I thought I was going to freeze!!!!! We had planned on running 4 miles this morning, but both of us doubted that if we didn't warm up. After running and talking, we were warm by 1.5 miles and kept going for the full 4 miles. I bought some gel arch supports yesterday afternoon to see if it would help by feet. I made the whole run without any pain in my right arch. I am heading to ACME Multisports after work to get my new running shoes. I believe now it is shoes that are causing the pain. I just wish I could get them broke in to use Saturday morning. Anyway, we finshed our 4 miles and quickly parted ways to get back inside. We finished in 36:35. It was overall a good run, but I could not seem to get my breathing right today. My legs felt good, not strong, but good. Now to rest up for the big day on Saturday.

Hope everyone's runs go well for today!!!!

1 comment:

Vandy-Montana said...

good, have fun with the shoes. Those are the same colors as mine. I'm slowly working my way into them. I hope to use them for my marathon in April.